- Facilities: Lake facilities open May 1, 2017, and permits are now available for purchase!
- Photos: Photos from Kerr Lake facilities can be viewed here.
- Map: A map of Kerr Lake can be viewed here.
- Sites: Approximately 40 non-reserved campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis to members. All sites are wooded, near the water, and accessible by car. Additional sites in specific areas may also be reserved for the entire season.
- Open Area Trailer Parking: Members are eligible to keep their campers or boats at the lake for the season or year-round with the purchase of an open area parking permit for each item ($75/per item).
- Group Use Area: The Group Use Area is a private point that provides a large field, a picnic shelter with 3 tables, and water hook-up and is ideal of departmental or family gatherings. The Group Area is for use only be reservation through Kelly Hair.
- Additional Facilities: Toilet facilities, as well as electric wells with tested water, are located near all sites, and a concrete launching ramp and boat dock are available.
Please see the attached statement of policies that governs the use of the UNC Kerr Lake Recreation Area by individuals and their guests. Please read and familiarize yourself with these policies before filling out a Permit Application.
- Click here to download the 2017 Kerr Lake Recreation Area Use Policies.
- Click here to download the 2017 printable, complete Fee Schedule
Daily/Annual Use Permits
The area is open to employees and retirees of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, UNC Hospitals, and University of North Carolina General Administration, as well as current students of UNC at Chapel Hill.
Permits must be purchased at the EXSS Office located in 217 Fetzer Hall (Please call 919-962-0017 to confirm availability of key/permit pick-up.) Members and their families are included in daily and annual use permit fees. Daily permits include day visits or overnight stays. Annual permit holders receive a key for the facilities to keep for the entire season.
Adult guests of members are required to pay an additional daily guest fee per adult or they may purchase an Annual Guest Permit which may be used by the purchaser’s guests throughout the season, but not for more than one family at a time. Guests admitted with this permit must be accompanied by the host family and use the same campsite. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
Daily Use Permit for non-reserved sites
Annual Use Permits for non-reserved sites
Annual Use Permits for reserved sites
Grassy Point (electricity and water) $700
Rocky Point (with water) $500
Brush Point (with water) $500
Oak Point (electricity and water) $700
Group Use Areas
1-40 participants $125/day
41-75 participants $200/day
Covered Annual Permit (requires Annual Pass) $250
Storage sheds located at Grassy Point (requires annual pass) $300
Open Annual Permit (with Annual Pass) $75
Open Annual Permit (without Annual Pass) $125
Annual Permit – Requires Annual Camping Permit (purchased together) $150