- Facilities: Lake facilities open May 1, 2023, and permits are now available for purchase!
- Photos: Photos from Kerr Lake facilities can be viewed here.
- Map: A map of Kerr Lake can be viewed here.
- Sites: Approximately 40 non-reserved campsites are available on a first come, first serve basis to members. All sites are wooded, near the water, and accessible by car. Additional sites in specific areas may also be reserved for the entire season.
- Open Area Trailer Parking: Members are eligible to keep their campers or boats at the lake for the season or year-round with the purchase of an open area parking permit for each item ($75/per item).
- Group Use Area: Please contact Kelly Hair at 919-962-0017.
- Additional Facilities: Toilet facilities, as well as electric wells with tested water, are located near all sites, and a concrete launching ramp and boat dock are available.
Please see the attached statement of policies that governs the use of the UNC Kerr Lake Recreation Area by individuals and their guests. Please read and familiarize yourself with these policies before filling out a Permit Application.
- Click here to download the 2023 Kerr Lake Recreation Area Use Policies.
- Click here to download the 2023 printable, complete Fee Schedule
Daily/Annual Use Permits
The area is open to employees and retirees of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, UNC Hospitals, and University of North Carolina General Administration, as well as current students of UNC at Chapel Hill.
Permits can be purchased from Brian Prentice. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Members and their families are included in daily and annual use permit fees. Daily permits include day visits or overnight stays. Annual permit holders receive a key for the facilities to keep for the entire season.
Adult guests of members are required to pay an additional daily guest fee per adult or they may purchase an Annual Guest Permit which may be used by the purchaser’s guests throughout the season, but not for more than one family at a time. Guests admitted with this permit must be accompanied by the host family and use the same campsite. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
Daily Use Permit for non-reserved sites
Annual Use Permits for non-reserved sites
Annual Use Permits for reserved sites including guest pass and clean up fee
(clean up fee refundable if you participate in a scheduled cleanup day)
|Grassy Point (electricity and water)||$1,010|
|Rocky Point (with water)||$710|
|Brush Point (with water)||$710|
|Oak Point (electricity and water)||$1,010|
|C Area 30 Amp (water and electricity)||$1,010|
|C Area 50 Amp (water and electricity)||$1,110|
Group Use Areas
Call for details. Kelly Hair 919-962-0017
|Non-permit Holder Open Area||$125|
Annual Permit – Requires Annual Camping Permit (purchased together) $150
From Chapel Hill —
- Take Interstate 85 North to Exit 214 ( Hwy 39/Henderson).
- Turn left and follow Hwy 39 North for 13.5 miles. (You will pass through Townsville.)
- Turn right onto Rock Spring Church Road at the fork (There is a Baptist Church and a sign to Henderson Point at the fork).
- Go 2.1 miles and turn right onto Woodsworth Road (this is also County Road 1358; The closed Jefferson’s Grocery is on the corner).
- The UNC-CH Recreation Area is about 1-mile down Woodsworth Road/County Road 1358.
- Enter areas A, B and C on the right. Areas D and E (boat ramp) are on the left.
209 Fetzer Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-8700