The deadline for receipt of a complete application for all EXSS graduate programs for entry in the fall semester of 2018 is January 9, 2018.
***The previously posted application deadline date of December 12, 2017 for entry into the EXSS Graduate Program – for all specializations – for the fall semester of 2018 has been changed to January 9, 2018. Please note that our deadline for receipt of a complete application is now one month later than previously posted!!***
NEW APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ENTRY INTO THE EXSS MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAM IS:
JANUARY 9, 2018
Apply to an Exercise and Sport Science Specialization
At your specialization’s application page follow the directions, fill out the form and upload your required documentation.
GENERAL EXSS PREREQUISITE FOR ALL SPECIALIZATIONS
Prior to enrollment EXSS graduate students must have completed an undergraduate statistics or research and statistics design course (3 hour credit or greater) with a final course grade of B-minus or better. After an applicant is offered and accepts admission into the EXSS graduate program, his/her transcript will be reviewed by the Director of Graduate Admissions to determine if this prerequisite has been satisfied. You may be contacted and required to provide additional information about this course, e.g., a course description and/or syllabus. Failure to satisfy this prerequisite prior to enrollment may result in a withdrawal of the offer of admission. Anyone seeking to meet this prerequisite by taking a course in the summer immediately prior to the semester of matriculation should seek prior approval of the course from the EXSS Director of Graduate Admissions.
PREREQUISITES SPECIFIC TO EXSS AREA OF SPECIALIZATION
Each area of specialization (Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology, Sport Administration) has additional prerequisites, qualifications, certifications, etc. See the information specific to each area of specialization at:
- Athletic Training Prerequisites-AT
- Exercise Physiology Prerequisites
- Sport Administration Prerequisites-SA
Applicants admitted to the MA Program in EXSS typically have the following mean scores on objective indicators:
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.51
- GRE-V: 156
- GRE-Q: 152
- GRE-Writing: 4.6
*The Graduate School recommends a minimum GPA of 3.0.
*The Graduate School recommends minimum scores at the 50th percentile on both the verbal (>151) and quantiative (>151) portions of the Graduate Record Exam.
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATION – ADMISSION PROCESS
- This timeline is an approximation and will vary somewhat between areas of specialization.
- Initial review of completed applications may begin in late fall semester, therefore early completion-submission of applications is recommended. The Graduate School will refuse any application not complete by the deadline date.
- Initial reviews of applications will be completed by the middle-end of January.
- Offers of on-campus interviews will be extended from mid-January through first week of February.
- On-campus interviews will be conducted from late January through February.
- Offers of admission may occur as early as February for some, but for all by early March.
NOTE: The MA Program in EXSS makes recommendations for admissions to The Graduate School. The Graduate School makes the final decision on all admission decisions, and the offer of admission will come from The Graduate School – not the Department of EXSS.