Graduate students are expected to devote full-time attention to their academic studies and practical assignments. Outside employment is permitted only during summer sessions.
First year teaching assistantships
- Students may apply for teaching assistantships during their first year. These positions typically include a waiver of in-state and/or out-of-state tuition, health insurance, and a stipend that ranges from $10,700.00 to $11,000.00 depending on duties.
- Students teach a variety of Lifetime Fitness and specialty sport courses offered to UNC undergraduates.
Second year athletic department internship
- Students are assigned a full-time internship in the UNC Athletic Department:
- Interns typically are paid a monthly stipend, receive a waiver of in-state and/or out-of-state tuition, and receive continued health insurance coverage.
Learn while working alongside current administrative personnel in a paid, full-time internship within a specific area of the UNC athletic department
- Opportunities may be available in the following areas:
- Athletic Communications
- Business Office
- Football Operations
- Fundraising / Ram’s Club
- Operations / Facilities Management
- Sport Marketing
- Student-Athlete Development
- Learfield/Tar Heel Sports Propertie
Information and requests for applications and financial support should be directed to:
Department of EXSS, CB# 8700
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-8700
Phone: (919) 962-0018
Fax: (919) 962-0489