Initial Screening and History Intake
- Identification of potential needs
- Intake forms to streamline visits
- Collect relevant medical records/imaging
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Images taken of the brain
Internal Medicine Evaluation
- Evaluation with Internist
- Comprehensive medical evaluation including blood work
- Recommendations for medication management and future health needs
- Evaluation of lifestyle habits
- Evaluation with Sports Medicine Psychiatrist
- Discuss injury history and current functional status
- Musculoskeletal recommendations based on individual needs (e.g., physical therapy, stretching, etc…).
- Evaluation with Neuropsychologist
- Clinical interview to identify needs
- Battery of cognitive assessments to assess memory, concentration, processing speed, language, reasoning, visuospatial abilities, and mood/emotional well-being.
Cognitive Neurological Evaluation
- Evaluation with Neurologist
- Neurological evaluation to assess needs (e.g., sleep, headaches, etc…)
- Review of MRI
- Recommendations made based on diagnosis/treatment as well as lifestyle management.
Nutrition/Body Composition Evaluation
- Evaluation with Nutritionist/Body Composition Specialist
- Body scans to evaluate body fat and lean body mass
- Recommendations for nutrition/diet, supplementation, exercise, and lifestyle changes.
Life Skills/Transition Counseling
- Evaluation with Life Skills Coach/Transition Counselor
- Discussion and setting of post-NFL life goals and aspirations
- Focusing on positive transition post-retirement
- Care coordination meeting held to summarize results of all assessments.
- Continued follow-up via phone or email to aid in continuum of care (e.g., referrals to local physicians/ mental health professionals and resources).
- Follow-up (at minimum) conducted post-visit at 2 weeks, 1 month, and 6 months via phone or email.
- Satisfaction survey post-visit to provide feedback, which is integral to improving the Brain and Body Health Program/The Trust.